1984- 2013 CR500 High Performance Digital Ignition
and Lighting Coil
Call 1 800 828 5498 to order. (not available online, yet)
- A startling improvement in engine power, throttle response and power controllability for any CR500 application.
- Rotor and stator fit inside stock ignition cover.
- Dramatically improved idle.
- Reduced stalling.
- Much more consistent throttle response.
- Less expensive replacement for a damaged stock ignition system.
- Produces greater power that is also smoother, resulting in less tire spin and more acceleration.
- Digital CDI is mapped at a lower RPM for easier starting.
- Digital CDI allows a huge increase in ignition mapping accuracy.
Digital CDI and hi power stator improve throttle response, low RPM torque and overall engine power while smoothing power delivery.
- Digital CDI ha a triple spark for greatly improved idle and cleaner running at lower RPM.
- Rare earth magnet flywheel produces strong electrical power and allows system to fit inside stock ignition cover.
- Hi power stator increases spark energy for cleaner running.
- Hi power stator produces 130 watts of lighting output at 5000 rpm and 110 watts just above idle at 3000 rpm.
- Fits all CR500 applications from 1984 to present.
- Complete High Power Ignition is $529.00
- Optional AC or DC voltage regulator can be added at any point.
- AC regulator for use with high powered digital ignition $19.
- DC regulator for use with high powed digital ignition $89.
- Flywheel puller needed to remove CR500/500AF flywheel. Part # 15-0601 $13.95
- The High Power Digital Ignition will start differently than the old analog system, view the starting video, for a good starting point.
- System will come with a 30 day Satisfaction Assurance, if the system is not a performance improvement return it in original unmodified, undamaged, fully operational condition within 30 days and the purchase price will be refunded excluding shipping cost.
- Starting Video
The Service Honda digital ignition represents a huge leap forward for the CR500 engine. This ignition completely transforms the bike. The transformation is appearent as soon as you start the bike, turn the choke off and let the bike idle while you put your gear on... the bike will not stall, rather it idles streadily, that is just the beginning of the improvements.
Once your gear is on and you are riding the bike the next thing you notice is the improved throttle response and big increase in low end power. The improved low end power make the bike even more of a joy to ride, this bike just does not stall. The low rpm power makes for smoother overall power delivery and faster lap times on a moto track. The smoother power enhances traction, something that is always an issue with the power of the CR500 engine.
Off road riding is improved even more with the digital ignition. Throttle response on long technical down hills remains consistent through out the decent with the new system, a quick twist of the throttle produces instant power to easily clear an obstacle. The engine flexability in the most technical sections is almost magical, no stalling no overheating. When the trail opens up the power is urgent and immediate jsut like you would expect.
The digital system uses 26 points of change in the map with a new point every 300 rpm compared to the old analog system that used only a few. The vast increase in the number of maps results in much smoother power delivery. The smooth power really improves traction vastly, even on a hard slick surface resulting in faster times and less rider fatigue. The power is so much smoother you can be fooled into thinking the new system makes less power, this is not the case the digital system actually makes a bit more power than the old analog system.
The Digital Ignition also comes with a high power light coil that puts out 130 watts with a flat output curve that means even at idle there is plenty of power for powering lights and accessories. And the whole system fits inside the stock ignition cover so it does not interfere with your ability to shift the bike, an important detail for anyone who wears a size 8 boot or larger.
The digital ignition is must have for anyone riding a CR500 of any kind.
Technical Issues Only CR500 Hi Power Digital Ignition/ Lighting Coil:
What Customers Say
"I have to say that the digital ignition was a vast improvement over the
stock setup. It transforms the stock (jump up and bite you) power delivery
into a very tractable and predictable power band that really makes exiting
out of corners or hitting that quick jump effortless! The beauty of it all
is that you really don't have to down shift the bike very much......it just
pulls seamlessly and without any protest. Starting the bike is routine and
predictable and in my opinion, it is a must have for any CR500!" Tom.