Bike can be custom built to your specifications prior to delivery.
Quality, reliability, fit, and finish you expect from Service
Custom suspension using the latest technology tuned, specifically
for you and your riding style is available as an option.
Frame is matched to rider ergonomics to maximize handling and
Semi-double cradle frame design features a single large diameter
tapered down tube. A tuned Y section attaches
to the base of the down tube. Tuned cradle sections provide a strong, durable attachment point for the tuned billet engine mounts.
- Custom front air box plate provides optimal air filter sealing and air flow.
- Unique air boot provides unimpeded air flow to the powerful engine.
- 499cc liquid-cooled reed-valve two-stroke engine produces horsepower
over a broad rpm-range.
- Lightweight, nickel-plated, low-route exhaust system by FMF offers
superb performance and a slim mid-section.
- Integrated Power Valve with automatic decompression system provides optimum exhaust timing at all rpm for a broader power band that provides more low end torque and more top end horsepower. The Power Valve also makes kick starting easier by bleeding down compression pressure at cranking speeds.
- Electro fusion Cylinder improves heat transfer for improved power, power consistency and lighter engine weight.
- Liquid Cooling ensures power output remains consistent and strong.
- 39mm Kehin PWK carburetor provides light throttle effort, smooth
operation, crisp throttle response and excellent ride-ability.
- Proven, durable, low maintenance, high power engine.
- Light clutch-lever action.
- Durable five speed transmission with oil level check window.
- Lightweight, high capacity cooling system for consistent performance.
- Primary kick starting for easy starts in any gear.
- Maintenance-free Digital CD ignition.
- All Aluminum perimeter frame is a composite structure comprising forged, extruded, cast and billet components.
- Front and Rear petal disc brakes help reduce unsprung weight and helps clean the brakes pads for efficient braking performance.
- Front Suspension features a Kayaba AOS (Air-Oil-Separate) that fork keeps oil and air in separate chambers for stable damping performance during long motos.
New friction-reducing Kashima Coat treatment on the inside surface of outer fork tube and
DLC (Diamond Like Coating) on the fork sliders reduces stiction for improved suspension action.
- UNI-TRAK® rear suspension system features revised shock valving to maximize traction for better front/rear balance, acceleration and enhanced controllability.
The shock now features dual compression adjustability, for separate high- and low-speed damping tuning.
A single, large port in the adjuster improves rider feel and adjustability over previous twin adjusters
New friction-reducing Kashima Coat treatment on the inside of shock reservoir reduces stiction for improved traction.
- Alloy swingarm uses cast front section, tapered hydro formed spars and forged chain pullers; the tapered spars are shaped to provide a balance of flex and rigidity optimized for the aluminum frame.
- Works-style aluminum skid plate.
- Sprocket style chain roller reduces drive lash.
- Renthal aluminum handlebars are standard.
Washable two stage air filter for optimal engine protection
and easy maintenance.
Comfortable, durable controls and high-quality fasteners.
Stainless steel clutch cable for long life.
Removable rear sub-frame allows easy maintenance.
- Lightweight short-length grips feature a special pattern to reduce vibration transmitted from the bars to the rider
Wide, cleated stainless steel foot pegs are self-cleaning, resist
corrosion, provide excellent grip and fold for extra ground
Rear brake pedal and shift lever are made of lightweight aluminum
and are designed to complement the riding position. Brake pedal
features optimized ratio to match integrated rear-brake master
“Non slip” seat cover for increased rider control.
Seat cushion uses foam construction that follows the shape of
the fuel tank , providing a smooth transition to increase rider
mobility and comfort
Rider ergonomics are optimized by adapting the handlebar, seat
and foot peg height to place the riders legs at the narrowest
cross-section of the frame for improved comfort and handling
- The slim profile of the KX450F frame, two-piece radiator shrouds that leave the upper frame spars exposed, and careful design of the remaining bodywork make the KX450F feel light and narrow beneath the rider.
| Specifications | Engine/Chassis/Suspension
500AF History | 500AF Action
subject to change without notice